- 3/4 cup of organic plain flour
- 1 tbsp of raw sugar
- 1 tbsp of cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 free-range or organic eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp of organic milk
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
1. Sieve the flour onto a clean surface and sprinkle the raw sugar over the top. Using your hands, work the butter into the flour and sugar by rubbing your thumbs against your fingers until you end up with a fine, crumbly mixture. Then mix in your lemon zest and cinnamon.
2. Add the egg and milk to the mix and gently work it together till you have a ball of dough. Add a sprinkle of flour if it is too wet. Don't work the pastry too much or it will become rubbery as you want it crumbly and short. Lightly flour your surface and place the pastry on it and gently pat it into a round flat shape. Now flour it a little and then wrap it in cling film and put it into the fridge to rest for about 30 minutes or more.